Sunday, January 09, 2011

My Business Is Growing Up | It's Really Official Now

It's funny, but my business just got real to me. This may seem insignificant to some, but I just opened a business bank account this past Friday. I had been using an extra bank account that I had for savings; there were limitations, but for the most part it worked fine. But I recently interviewed and selected a bookkeeping service to get my books in order and ready for the 2010 Tax filing season and thought, I better let go of the fear, and get this done. Whenever I thought about going to the bank and saying, "I need to open a business account" my stomach would get queasy and I would start to feel anxious. It was a bit intimidating and this internal fear of failure wouldn't let me do it. I kept thinking, if you don't open a business account, it's not really real and if you fail, who's going to be the wiser. Well this Friday, I got over that fear and moved forward and now I feel even more "Official."

I guess the fear may stem from a feeling of loss; like if my money is in a business account, I will lose it and have no control over what happens to it. It's one of those nonsensical fears that I'm sure if I laid on an analyst's couch, we could explore my psyche and figure it out, but I don't have time for that now, I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN...YIKES!

I think it's all a part of feeling grown up, responsible and accomplished.

Enjoy!
As always, be well
Dannette

1 comment:

Ela Melich said...

Hm, it's quite significant for entrepreneurs. That step where your "hobby" becomes a full-fledged business is a big one. You would have so many decisions to make. It's both hectic and exhilarating to see the growth of one's business.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...