Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Simple Ingredient No. 8 | Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil

I've been testing a new lemon eucalyptus breathe again phial formula to add to our fantastic collection. I've been using it for several months and the results are great. I find the eucalyptus lemon essential oil is awesome in clearing my stuffy nose. Since we do not test on animals (only the human kind; mostly me and my family), I've been using a mixture before bed to un-stuff my nose in an effort to help me breath better while asleep. By the way, I have sleep apnea and use a c-pap machine at night and have found that if I put a few drops in the tubing or the moisture tray (with distilled water), I breath better. If sleep apnea is not a problem for you, I would suggest putting a few drops on a piece of tissue and deeply inhaling for relief. 

Yeah me! and soon to be Yeah you! as we will introduce this to our breathe again aromatherapy phial line soon.

Botanical Name: Eucalyptus citriadora 

The Eucalyptus tree is a tall evergreen that grows over 250 feet tall. The young trees have bluish-green leaves, while mature trees develop long, narrow, yellowish leaves, creamy-white flowers and a smooth, pale gray bark often covered in a white powder.
Color: Colorless to very pale yellow liquid.
Common Uses: Organic Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil is fantastic on skin ailments such as burns, blisters, wounds, insect bites, lice, and skin infections. It can also be used combat the effects of colds and the flu. There is also a history of Eucalyptus essential oil being applied to sore muscles and joints. 



Aromatic Scent: Organic Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil has a camphoraceous odor with a sweet, citrus undertone.
History: Lemon Eucalyptus has been used historically to combat fevers, cold and flu symptoms. It also has been used for over 100 years to combat sinus issues.
Cautions: Organic Eucalyptus Lemon Oil should be used in dilution, and be avoided during pregnancy. It is considered toxic if taken internally, non-irritant and non-sensitive. Avoid if you have high blood pressure or epilepsy.

Enjoy!
As always, be well
Dannette

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...