Saturday, March 19, 2011

Abundance & Interdependency


I usually don't go in for that new agey "The Secret" kind of stuff. I believe that you create your own destiny with a little help along the way and with hard work and dedication, you can do anything that you want. I believe you make your way through this world more or less on your own and can never really depend on anyone else. I have always been very independent and self-sufficient from the time I was a kid. I have worked ever since I was legally allowed to do so; it started with the government summer programs as a teenager. I never wanted to be a burden to anyone and never wanted to have to depend on anyone for money. My mom was a single parent and worked very hard to make a good life for us, so I tried my best to be a good kid; I wasn't perfect, but I didn't give her a lot of trouble.  My independent nature also makes it easy for me to let go of people who disappoint me. I have the ability to get attached to people, but can shed people, places and things at the drop of a hat with just a twinge of pain and then I am free. I know it's a defense mechanism. But...

I am on a journey of self-discovery and want to live and learn the principles of Abundance and Interdependency. First I need to get the negative voice out of my head and manifest what I want instead of what I don't want. I need to learn to depend on others in my personal life and to trust that because of my paradigm shift, I will attract the kind of people who are trustworthy and dependable. I need to believe that I deserve the good things that happen to me or that I want to manifest in my life; I don't seem to have any trouble believing that I deserve all the crappy stuff that comes my way. These things are not easy and I know this will be....there I go again with the negative talk. I'm learning and will figure this out.

Believe it or not, all of this came from listening to a speaker on a phone call to the WISHSUMMIT.com. That speaker was SheriMcConnell.com, and I found her words encouraging and she taught me something new and made me want to know more.


I have been reading The Abundance Site by Chris Jackson and here is a little taste of what I am learning:
A key part of manifesting work is re-programming and clearing your negative beliefs, fears and judgments that block your sense that you deserve happiness or abundance. This means, in part, focusing on your strengths above your perceived weaknesses and continually recognizing your successes. Truly celebrating every success however small. By doing this you lift yourself into a far more energized and positive mental and emotional state from which to create; when you feel positive your creations and experiences reflect that. Make a point of choosing to adopt a happy outlook.

Practice recognizing the abundance all around you, rejoicing in the exuberance of nature, celebrate the good fortune of others, and seeing what is right, hopeful and encouraging in the world. Nurture what you want in yourself and applaud the successes of others.

The manifesting process is really quite simple.
  1. Clarify what it is you are wishing to manifest.
  2. Determine why you want, feel, need and deserve this.
  3. Set quiet time aside to allow yourself the full feeling of “knowing” that this desire is now on its way to being fulfilled in your life.
  4. Do whatever personal practices you require to maintain your positive attitude and feelings of faith and optimism high.
  5. Continually note what action is required on your part to bring your creation into existence and act upon it. Right thought leads to right action; you will have to get things done. Think – Feel – Do
If you are looking to manifest abundance in your life, join me on this journey of discovery.

Enjoy!
As always, be well
Dannette


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...